Firstly I want to start be thanking my amazing supporters for always being by my side. This journey has been challenging, exciting and just beautiful. I am sure you realize I’ve changed the blog name and address. I will explain soon.
Today is about breast cancer awareness. Some of you might already know this and for some who don’t, let me feel you in. October is breast cancer awareness month. It is a drive to raise awareness of this debilitating disease across all races and class structures. I want to be part of that, I know a couple of women close to me who have suffered from this disease and I think its is important to celebrate the lives of those who lost the fight, to celebrate those who wont quit the fight and also to celebrate with those who have won the fight. I want us to be part of the movement to raise awareness and get support for breast cancer.
It is important to RAISE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS because early detection can save your life, they are so many misconceptions when is comes to breast cancer and it is important to debunk those and ensure we are all educated enough about this disease so we can help ourselves and others. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go!!!
- It is important to reduce RISK by getting regular examinations.
- Women below the age of 40 should go for a mammogram at least once a year
- Men can also get breast cancer
- Do a monthly self check
- Breast cancer doesn’t need to be in your family for you to be at risk
To raise awareness I want us to tweet about breast cancer. Share something everyday from now till the end of the month.
Thank you in advance for becoming a part of this movement with me. You are an amazing group of individuals and I know this will matter to you all as much as it matters to me
TO JOIN THE COMPETITION
- SUBSCRIBE to my Blog
- share this post on Facebook
- View the NewKidOnTheBlock Facebook Fan Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet facts about breast cancer as much as you can using the hashtags #NKBTHINKPINK #NKBGOESPINK #NKBPINKOCTOBER #PASSIONFORPINK (as many times as you want)
- Share stories on Facebook,or comment below and share your experiences with us, tell us your story, your story could help save someone !
- Paint your nails pink, wear pink make up and use the hashtags #NKBTHINKPINK #NKBGOESPINK #NKBPINKOCTOBER #NKBPASSIONFORPINK (as many times as you want)
- Wear pink, share one fact about breast cancer and breast cancer awareness and tag on me Instagram
- Pin the images above on Pintrest
The giveaway is open to South African Residents only.
A winner will be chosen on the 31 of October 2015 & I will announce the winner on Twitter, Facebook and in this blog post and emailed to arrange delivery of hamper thus subscription is necessary
The prize is not exchangeable for cash
Contestants entering this competition agree to be bound by these T&C’s
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14509663/?claim=pwgswbr2qqp”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>