Mastertons Coffee Chocolate Cake
Coffee Chocolate Cake – Caffeinated and Chocolated ( yes, I made that up… Or maybe I read it somewhere…) , what more could you ask for. If you have a sweet tooth and Iove coffee you will love this glorious cake. I got coffee from Mastertons Coffee and Tea Specialists in a goodie bag from the EC Meetup sometime ago and I’ve put off making this cake so many times. I finally got around to doing today. I was feeling low and I figured a delightful dessert will lift my spirits and it did.
Cooking makes me happy, I feel like a kid in a candy store when I try out a dish and it comes out perfectly. Baking, on the other hand, has never been my thing because I hate the clean up. Maybe it’s just me but I find baking extremely messy. The extra coffee in the house had me feeling inspired, the last time I received a gift from Mastertons I made a coffee scrub. You all loved using it, I mean what not to love, it helps with cellulite.
As I was contemplating what to make I thought about how glorious coffee and chocolate taste. It’s a match made in heaven. The perfect Sunday dessert with a glass of red wine for control. Coffee makes chocolate taste richer, darker and more intense, I just couldn’t resist the urge.
A small fact about me: I love chocolate cake and can’t stand Vanilla cakes, seriously don’t get them. I love chocolate cakes so much I am serving them at my wedding (dear bae, hint hint).
Let me stop babbling on, I am sure you guys are ready for me to share the Coffee Chocolate Cake recipe already….
Coffee Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 400g caster sugar
- 275g flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) full cream milk
- 250ml (1 cup) hot coffee
- White Chocolate
Coffee Chocolate Cake Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and grease cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in White Chocolate Chips
- Divide the batter between the two cake pans.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. don’t worry if the cakes sink a little in the center.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Thank you for stopping by, try it out and don’t forget to tag me in your pictures ….