- About Us
- Slurry Pumps
- Markets Served
- Parts & Service
- Pump News
V Series Vertical Slurry Pump
Schurco Slurry V Series vertical slurry pumps are ideal for a variety of submerged suction pumping applications.
These pumps operate well in a variety of sump conditions, and can also be readily applied on floating dewatering or other floating pump platforms. As a true cantilevered vertical slurry pump, the V Series does not have submerged bearings or seals; thus, eliminating the primary failure mechanism for similarly fielded pump lines.
Vertical pumps from Schurco not only provide excellent wear life properties, they also operate efficiently to further reduce operating costs. These vertical slurry pumps can be fully elastomer lined or hard metal fitted. There are no submerged bearings or packing with a unique high capacity double suction design. Optional recessed impeller and suction agitator are available. The innovative product design and widely configurable range help our customers reduce costs.
V Series Profile
- Discharge Diameters 1.5″ to 10″ (40 mm to 250 mm)
- Heads through 160 ft (50 m)
- Flow-rates through 6,000 gpm (1,350 m3/h)
- gravel and sand
- mineral processing
- chemical processing
- coal preparation
- effluent handling
- floor sump pumping
- mill scale pumping
- pumping of machine tool cuttings
- wood chip pumping
- air entrained slurries
V Series Features
- Fully Cantilevered – Eliminates submerged bearings, packing, lip seals, and mechanical seals that other vertical slurry pumps typically require.
- Impellers – Unique double suction impellers; fluid flow enters the top as well as the bottom. This design eliminates shaft seals and reduces thrust load on the bearings.
- Large Particle – Large particle impellers are also available and enable passing unusually large solids.
- Bearing Assembly – The maintenance friendly bearing assembly has heavy duty roller bearings, robust housings, and a massive shaft.
- Casing – The metal pumps have a heavy walled abrasive resistant 27% chrome alloy casing. Rubber pumps have a molded rubber casing adhered to sturdy metal structures.
- Column and Discharge Pipe – The metal pump columns and discharge pipes are steel, and the rubber columns and discharge pipes are rubber covered.
- Upper Strainers – Snap in elastomer strainers fit in column openings to prevent overly large particles and unwanted refuse from entering casing of the pump.
- Lower Strainers – Bolt-on cast strainers on the metal pump and molded snap-on elastomer strainers on the rubber pumps protect the pump from oversize particles.
Interchangeable with Warman® SP and SPR series pumps.