How to select the suitable material for slurry pumps
Now we offer kinds of material for slurry pumps
Metals: A05, A07, A33, A49, Cr30, 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel, duplex stainless steel
Rubber: R55, EPDM, Hypalon,
The slurry pump is a centrifugal pump that transports the slurry containing solid particles. So it is generally required to have good wear resistance performance.
However, under many special conditions, we have to sacrifice wear resistance and get corrosion resistance performance.
Slurry pump for corrosion resistant medium
In many conditions, the slurry transported contains not only solid particles but also corrosive features.
When selecting the material of the slurry pump, it must be determined according to the characteristics of the slurry.
Expensive material may not the best material in some conditions.
For example, if we go to the stainless steel material to transport the abrasive slurry, it is very wasteful and the effect is very poor;
It is also not advisable to use a slurry pump of A05 to transport a highly corrosive slurry.
For example, nitrates, sulfuric acids, and strong alkalies are very corrosive. So the corrosion resistance of the material is most important rather than wear resistance.
How to choose the slurry pump material
1. The light acid-alkaline slurry and contain sharp angle particles: A05, A07.
2. The acid and alkali slurry without sharp large particles : R55 rubber material
3. A bit stronger acid and alkaline with many particles slurry: A49, Cr30, common power plant desulfurization industry;
4. Strong acid and alkali but temperature is not high with a certain abrasive slurry: EPDM, Hypalon
5. Strong acid and alkali with strong abrasive high temperature and high slurry: stainless steel material;
6. Super Strong acid and alkali with strong abrasive high temperature and high slurry: Ceramic