Cranberry and Banana Granola Recipe
Hello NKB Family,
Can you guys just smell Christmas ? Do you feel it in the air? are you excited? Christmas is just around the corner and I love the holiday, its a day with so much meaning and I am a big fan. Christmas mornings are the busiest, I don’t know why they just are and sometimes you don’t really get a chance to have breakfast, well I have just the thing. The NKB Christmas Granola. I love Granola, its just such an amazing meal. You can have it as a snack, you can have it during brunches and of course breakfast.
Granola is the perfect meal for a busy family, add yogurt to it and with just one munch you have your protein, vitamins healthy carbohydrate, potassium, calcium and all the other beneficial um’s.
I was heart broken when I found out not all store bought granola is good for you, “shocker”, there is too much sugar and other unhealthy ingredients in there so eating it when you are trying to do better health wise would be like punishing a full loaf of bread on you own.
So I decided I would make my own granola, that way I’ll be in control of what goes into it. Think about Granola is basically toasted oats with dried fruits and nuts. You could go crazy with the ingredients. Its honestly all about your imagination.
I have tried a lot of the store bought Granola’s and not to toot my own horn here but this is by far the best I’ve had. I wish I’d tried this earlier. I am chuffed with myself.
- 1. Rolled oats
- 2. Honey cup
- 3. Slivered almonds
- 4. 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 5. Cinnamon
- 6. Vanilla Extract
- 7. Banana Chips
- 8. Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven at 150 Degrees Celsius
- Place oats on an oven tray and toast oats for 10 mins
- In a saucepan over heat mix honey, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon until sugar melts
- Add toasted oats to the mixture and mix well
- Replace mixed oats onto the baking tray and roast for another 10 mins
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large air tight container. Add banana chips plus cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.
- Recipe courtesy of Miriam Maulana
- Feel free to add raisins, nuts and more dried fruit of your choice. Enjoy the NKB way.
- ❤️Follow the blog for more interesting posts straight to your inbox!!!
Have you tried making granola at home before ?
🔴Like and share this post with someone you know who might want to join me on my health journey or someone who would love to try out this recipe
❤️Follow the blog for more interesting posts straight to your inbox!!!
🔴Comment below and let me know if there’s anything specific you would like me to share or if you have any suggestions