I’m totally obsessed with baked eggs for breakfast, if you follow me on Snapchat (miriam_mich) you already know this. There is something amazing about my decadent bacon, sausage and tomato baked egg recipe. This scrummy home-made wonder will change you winter mornings. I don’t mind having oatmeal or toast in the morning before I start working or even the cold smoothie every now and again but I’m sure you guys can agree with me, they are some winter mornings that your chi just needs that extra loving.
A morning like today for example. My phone died last night and as if that wasn’t enough I woke up to a cold Port Elizabeth morning, fog and all . I’m sure you’re think “I’m just another millennial fusing about technology” well maybe I am, but being on my phone is kinda my job 😀 .
This breakfast egg marvel is both delicious and healthy-ish. It’s really simple too, you can make it with ingredients you probably already have in the fridge. If you are a young professional this breakfast will have you geared up and ready to slay your Goliath.
Lol, you must be thinking who am I to teach you how to make eggs and bacon. Don’t worry I’m not here to teach I am just sharing an easy fast and convenient way to throw it all together. Whether you’re a busy mum, working professional or recently married couple trying to get up and out the door in no time at all this is the breakie for you.
This simple just eggs and bacon breakfast serves two, but if you have a huge appetite or if you’re having it without bread then it definitely feeds ONE.
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup sliced sausage
- Diced bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved / Half a tomatoe Chopped
- Half small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic chives
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Fry bacon and sausage for about 3 mins or until cooked
- Arrange your tomatoes, onion, fried bacon and sausage into a lightly oiled baking dish
- Add eggs on top of of your mixed ingredients .
- Crack the eggs carefully so to not break the yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the oven for an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- I hope you like and enjoy this delicious breakfast. Feel free to add anything else you enjoy and if you try is out don't forget to tag me :-)
- love always,
- New Kid on The Block